Vallum’s ANAB Process Technology
More than a hundred million dollars has been expended to develop our proprietary, state of the art, Accelerated Neutral Atom Beam processing technology (ANAB).
Today, Vallum employs ANAB processing to make medical devices used in spinal fusion surgery truly osseointegrate, without compromising their integrity or beneficial qualities.
Accelerated Neutral Atom Beam (ANAB)
- Gas atom clusters are formed from Argon gas due to its inert properties
- Clusters are ionized and accelerated towards the target in vacuum
- Dissociation of the cluster is promoted and a deflector removes the charged particles
- Neutral atoms impact 2 to 5 nanometers into the surface to make the targeted medical device bioactive
ANAB process employed without additives, without subsurface damage and without altering device integrity or properties.
Making PEEK Hydrophilic
- The nano-scale surface topography created by ANAB is well-documented in promoting osteoblasts while inhibiting the growth of bacteria
- Vallum’s ANAB-treated PEEK implants have been demonstrated to be superior to untreated PEEK implants in two independent sheep studies